Here’s what has been happening out at the Brew Barn:
On the Remodel Front:
It’s been about a month since my last post, and lots has been done! More work done by Meister Wood & Finish, Popejoy Plumbing & Heating, Slagel Construction, Sealtite, Doug & Derek Stephens, and Kyler Hoffman.
- The cold room was insulated
- The cold room & Brew Room had water-proof walling put up
- The outside of the barn was prepared to have the bathrooms built. Since we are putting in two full-sized ADA compliant bathrooms, we have decided to build a small addition to the barn that will house them. We just didn’t want to give up any more of the original part of the barn than we had to – we want to keep that for seating.
- Some lights were put up in the brew room, and we ran more conduit!
- More of the walls were covered
- The plans for the tables, seating, and bar have begun!
On the Legal Front:
- We have officially submitted the TTB Brewer’s Notice! This is the largest part of opening a brewery, and requires that you have equipment ordered, a space for the brewery already secured, and about 100 other things. This means that we are now playing the waiting game, and will hopefully be hearing from them within the next month or two!
What Does all This Mean?
Progress! It always seems so slow, but things are happening! Everything just takes so long when it comes to the legal side of the brewery, and there’s no way around it. So, we are taking it one step at a time and getting everything in as quickly as we can. Other requirements, such as having two ADA bathrooms in our old dairy barn, are slowing us down, but are necessary additions. We hope to give more exciting updates in the near future, but for now and until next time, Drink Free!